Sunday, February 10, 2008
The sickies
No one likes to be sick. But when a baby is sick and can't tell you where they are hurting or how they are feeling, that is the worst. You would rather be sick instead of them anyday. You feel so helpless when children are sick. Thank God for prayer though.


Emma was at the house on Friday and she was sick - bad cold, congested really bad, just overall not feeling good.

Then Thursday night - Kimi got sick so Jonathan asked me if I would watch Savannah for them while they made an ER trip. Savannah felt fine on Friday - happy go lucky all morning. Even went to work with me for a while on Friday morning (thank God for a job that will let you take your child/grandchild with you if needed). We came on home then around 10am, she took about a 20 minute nap. Then started feeling bad. She was running a temp, came up with a bad cough, not sure but I would say body aches, sore throat - they way she acted. She hardly drank anything or ate anything other than a yogurt on Friday. Saturday she ate a bit more but still wasn't feeling up to her usual happy self. During the night last night she ran a very hot fever again. You know, they kind where they almost burn YOU when you touch her. So I prayed that God would help her & then took a 'wet one' and wiped her little face down. The fever broke by the time we woke up but you could still tell she wasn't feeling well. So I stayed home with her this morning. Can't afford to get others sick at church. I know it will spread because the whole household where she lives is sick! :( So that is how I am spending my Sunday - home with a sick baby.


1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

((((((((((Savannah)))))))))))

I felt so bad for both babies this week - it's awful when they're sick and there's nothing you can really do to make them feel better. I hope they get over their cruddies and feel great again, and I hope none of us who have been around them get it!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer